Earthquake movie San Andreas tops US box office
Despite a series of earthquakes across the world recently, earthquake disaster movie San Andreas has topped the US box, taking in £35m over its opening weekend.
The film stars Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and knocked last week's top grossing film, Tomorrowland starring George Clooney, into third place. Tomorrowland took £26.7m in its opening weekend.
Watch the stars interviewed at the film's London premiere in our Sony Movie News
Musical Pitch Perfect 2 was in second place while Mad Max: Fury Road was fourth. The biggest film of 2015 so far, superhero epic Avengers: Age Of Ultron, was fifth, having taken £280m at the US box office since its release.
Top 10 US Films - Week Ending May 31
1. San Andreas - $53.2m (£35m)
2. Pitch Perfect 2 - $14.8m (£9.7m)
3. Tomorrowland - $13.8m (£35m)
4. Mad Max: Fury Road - $13.6m (£9m)
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $10.9m (£7m)
6. Aloha - $10m (£6.5m)
7. Poltergeist - $7.8m (£5.1m)
8. Far From the Madding Crowd - $1.4m (£0.9m)
9. Hot Pursuit - $1.4m (£0.9m)
10. Home - $1.2m (£0.7m)
Friday-Sunday takings. Source: Rentrak